Watch this short video for more information on the project!
Award winning mixed ability theatre company Rebus Theatre is seeking expressions of interest from regional artists to take part in Project Alchemy, a cross disciplinary arts project to build resilience across south-east Australia throughout 2022-2024. We are seeking practising regional artists from theatre, film, visual arts, dance, music, writing, and photography, with an interest in arts leadership.
Successful applicants will be paid to attend two weeklong residencies, receive mentorship, artist fees and a project budget to mount their own small community arts project.
Because we work with vulnerable who are particularly vulnerable to Covid, Rebus adheres to strict policies to minimise the chance of Covid spread. Therefore, this opportunity is only available to people who have had at least two Covid Vaccinations, unless they have medical or religious exemptions. Proof of vaccination status or exempt status will be asked for before attending the residencies.
What you are applying for: Employment, training, mentorship and funding for a community arts event.
There will be two residencies of five days each. Successful applicants will receive transport subsidy, shared accommodation , meals and a daily wage of $345.52.
Fifteen artist from a range of disciplines will come together with the Rebus Team to nourish their creativity, network, share skills and train in community arts leadership.
To be eligible for you this project, you must be available for the following two residencies:
- Sunday 27th November – Thursday 1st December 2022 at Murramarang National Park Eco Resort: Eurobodalla Shire, NSW
- Monday 13th February – Friday 17th February 2023 at Waterfront Retreat at Wattle Point, Bairnsdale, VIC
Ongoing Mentorship & Project Support
Mentorship and collaboration to create a community led arts project in your Local Government Area including income for 24 days of work across 12 months (2023- 2024) plus a budget to support your creative project.
A share in funding to create and deliver a community project in your Local Government Area.
- Applications Open: Thursday 4th August 2022.
- Applications Close: Sunday 28th August 2022 10:00pm
- Successful applicants notified: Monday 12th September 2022.
- Information sessions held over ZOOM on:
- Friday August 19th 11am-12pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88939230789
- Tuesday August 23rd 5:30-6:30pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84781812825
If you can’t make either of these times, or for any other assistance on your application, please call 0403 815 784