We were extremely honoured to receive the Award for Excellence in Inclusion in Education and Training at The Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards last night!
It was a fantastic evening all round (as usual) showcasing the phenomenal work of individuals and organisations working in the disability sector in Canberra. Highlights include:
– The hilarious MC duties of comedian Alexandra Hudson (who we hung out with and took photos with flower arrangements on our heads)
– A beautiful profile video of our Flair program actor Kimberly Adams
– A moving and funny and then eve more moving key note speech my Em Rusciano (who Ben snuck a cheeky selfie with) about her lived experience of late stage ADHD and autism diagnosis
– Also receiving a nomination in the Excellence in Innovation, Design, and Access category
– Catching up with old friends and meeting new friends who are doing great work in the community!
Congrats to all the nominees and winners and thanks to the Chief Minister and Sponsors for recognising the contributions we all make.
Rebus Theatre continues to expand their innovative training opportunities for people with disability through programs such as iDrama, Flair, and Systems of Sanity which build confidence, social connection, and self-advocacy skills.
In 2023 Rebus partnered with Canberra Community Law to deliver an access and inclusion workplace training program for lawyers, called Just Hearing to increase their skills in working with clients with mental health challenges and psychosocial disability.
The judging panel noted the far-reaching impact of the Rebus Access and Inclusion workplace training to break down barriers across the Canberra business sector as well as the wider community when Rebus projects culminate in public performances.