CALL FOR DISABLED VISUAL ARTISTS:
Re-Emergence Film Project
Submission Deadline: November 3rd, 2023
Are you a disabled visual artist living in Regional NSW? Are you ready to unleash your creative expression?
Rebus Theatre invites you to be part of Re-Emergence, an exploration of the last five years and the themes that have shaped our world. We are excited to announce our open call for visual artists across the NSW region to contribute their unique perspectives to be featured in this transformative film project.
- Reflections on the Past Five Years: Share your personal journey and interpretation of the events and emotions that have defined the last half-decade.
- A House for a Hag: Create a visual representation of the concept ‘a house for a hag’ – an opportunity to explore the mystical and enigmatic.
- Us Coming Together: Illustrate the beauty and power of human connection, unity, and solidarity through your artistic lens.
- Imminent Disaster: Examine the idea of impending crisis, chaos, or change through your visual storytelling.
- Disabled Artists living in Regional NSW of all backgrounds, experiences, and visual mediums are encouraged to participate.
- Submissions can include paintings, drawings, digital art, images of sculptures, or any other visual medium that speaks to the chosen theme.
- Each artist may submit up to eight pieces of work.
- High-resolution images of your artwork (JPEG or PNG format) should be submitted.
- Include a brief artist statement (max 150 words) for each piece, explaining your inspiration and interpretation.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Visit the Re-Emergence page on our website: Re-Emergence.
- Fill out the submission form with your details and upload your artwork along with the artist statements.
- Submission Deadline: November 3rd, 2023
- Selected artists will be notified by November 17th, 2023.
- Film Screenings 2024 TBA
- All artworks will be featured in the Re-Emergence Film, where your creativity will be showcased and credited in the final product
- By submitting your piece, you have understood that we will be using your artwork in the film, and you will be credited in the credits. We may be in touch to chat to you more about the film and how you can be involved.
Join us in redefining the narratives of the last five years and exploring the themes that matter most. Your art has the power to inspire, provoke, and ignite change.
For any inquiries or additional information, please contact email@example.com.
‘Re-Emergence’ is made possible thanks to funding from the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Rebus is also supported by Ainslie and Gorman Arts Centres and the ACT Government.