Access All Areas: Marketing and evaluation
- Completed a rigorous evaluation of the Access All Areas Justice and Health programs and developed a marketing plan to ensure the programs can continue beyond the grant.
Unintended/Access All Areas: Recruit & Retain
- Provided two sessions of the Unintended program for representatives from various government agencies, addressing mental health and disability in the workplace.
Open Doors Open Minds/Access All Areas: Community
- Remounted Open Doors Open Minds as part of Arts Access Australia’s arts and disability forum Meeting Place, with assistance from an artsACT grant.
- Delivered 2 modules in Forum Theatre and Playback Theatre of our Actorvate ‘train the trainer’ program funded by artsACT. Rebus Artistic Director Robin Davidson and Creative Programs Director Ali Clinch created a year long program to up-skill local theatre practitioners in applied theatre techniques.
Inclusive Drama at The Hub in Phillip
- Continued partnership with L’Arche Geneseret and the Hub in Phillip delivering weekly drama classes. These classes guide participants through the process of writing, rehearsing and performing a play each term.
- Developed and delivered Speaking Role, a free program aiming to enhance communication and social skills for volunteering, employment and participation in community, through the medium of theatre. Supported by NDIA capacity building funding.
- The 2019 Chief Ministers Cultural Fund funding was repurposed to run a 3-day intensive school holiday film program entitled Acting Out: On Screen. This new model was a success with nine participants attending and creating a short horror film.
Organisational capacity building
Disabled persons and family organisations (DPFO)
- Funding from the National Disability Insurance Agency’s (NDIA) DPFO Information Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Readiness Grant round allowed us to cover staff hours, equipment and software purchases, and professional development.
artsACT Organisational Capacity Building
- Funding from artsACT’s Capacity Building for Non-funded Arts Organisations program allowed the development and pilot of a fundraising campaign in which $3,454 has been raised towards our Flair Program.
Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP)
- A Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) was completed with in-kind support from Accessible Arts New South Wales, assisting in embedding accessibility into our organisational processes and structures and developing an inclusive practice blueprint for our staff and participants.
Community Support and Infrastructure Grant
- A Community Support and Infrastructure Grant from the Community Services Directorate allowed the purchase of high quality video cameras, tripods and lights. This made Acting Out: On Screen possible and will assist in better documenting future performances.
- All tutors and management staff completed First Aid and CPR training, the management team completed Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training and Robin, our Artistic Director, is completing a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.