Professional Training in Community Arts and Cultural Development
Gorman Arts Centre
Actorvate is a year-long training program in community theatre skills and will be divided into four modules:
- Playback Theatre
- Image Theatre and Forum Theatre
- Teaching theatre in community settings
- Designing community theatre projects
These modules will be supplemented with weekend courses in:
- Disability and theatre
- Science, environment and theatre
- Using theatre within the community
As a final stage of the program, students will design and lead their own modest community theatre projects. We have funding for a small number of paid trainee positions, and the capacity to accept additional unpaid trainees.
Actorvate is funded by ArtsACT’s program funding.